Seeking Nanny/Mother’s Helper
Seeking a specialist working in the family’s home, responsible for all tasks related to the care and organization of the three children. The nanny will act as mother’s helper as an extra set of hands and an extra set of wheels for family errands and transportation to and from children’s’ activities. The nanny will serve as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion and mentor to children. Family will employ the nanny on a full or part-time basis.
30-45 hours per week including:
• Summer schedule is flexible (to accommodate both the nanny’s plans and the family’s plans) and will vary from week to week, but will include most weekdays – transportation to and from scheduled activities until parents get home from work (approx. noon-6:30, but again, flexible to crazy summer schedules for all).
• When school begins the fall start time will be daily 2:40pm to 6:30pm most days, occasionally until as late at 10:30pm when we have evening events.
• 2-5 weekend days or nights per month (as planned in advance).
• Willingness to do overnight stays a couple times a year is not mandatory, but a plus.
• Preferred start date is ASAP, but can be flexible for the right candidate.
• Requiring at least a 9 month commitment. Prefer the possibility of an ongoing arrangement.
• For a student or pre-school teacher, we can be flexible and set hours/days based on course schedule by semester.
• Seek to understand our child rearing philosophies and serve as an extension of us when we are away in providing the children with love, teaching, guidance, boundaries, safety, etc.
• Drive the children safely to and from activities
• Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children using minimal electronic devises
• Supervise the children’s activities at all times
• Facilitate academic practice work daily (each child has a summer work book)
• Plan and prepare meals and feed the children when necessary (bonus if you can occasionally cook a meal for the family!)
• Help and inspire the children to learn to take care of themselves – assist them with bathing, dressing and hygiene as needed.
• Execute bedtime routine and tasks
• Perform housework related to the children (ask them to help!), including washing the children’s clothes, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas, and washing dishes.
• Teach the children good social manners
• Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors
• Plan and lead educational activities, including reading, with the children
• Light housework (i.e. fold and put away laundry, clean kitchen and table after meals, tidy playroom & bedrooms, water for dogs, etc.)
• Reinforce rules and expectations set by the parents even when we are away
• Other periodic mommy's helper tasks such as grocery shopping, meal planning and prep for lunches and dinners, and home organization such as kids toy and clothes storage.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• Driver’s license, auto insurance, and safe driving histo